The new and improved defender of RPGs!

Friday 30 October 2015

Gauging Interest in new Dark Albion Material

So, I've got an inkling of an idea to do at least a little something more for Dark Albion.  Something else besides the awesome Ghost of Jack Cade on London Bridge.  Of course, I'd want at least a serious part of what I'd be doing to be useful to anyone doing anything OSR, not just Dark Albion, but to also have a strong Dark Albion flavor to it.

So one of the things a lot of people who got the book were asking for was more material on Chaos Cults and some kind of material for chaos mutations.  I want to get an idea of who might be interested?

Also, if by chance there would be an adventure included too, and the final material would, right now, be anywhere between 2-24 pages depending.

So you tell me: is this something you want?
If not, what would you like?

RPGPundit

Currently Smoking:  Winslow Crown + C&D's Crowley's Best

11 comments:

  1. If I can speak from my own little experience ... I play and master since ... the years 80th ... you know during last century ...
    In my opinion, additional material is the blood that will make Dark Albion living ... so it is really a good idea.
    Additional material about Chaos cult is of course a fine, good "bad guys", with an adventure inside too.
    Of course I would prefer a big campagne (200-300 pages) for Dark Albion running during 10-20 years of the Roses war but for a beginning an adventure is ok :)
    so yes, go ahead !

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bestiary would be cool : medieval style with some horrific twists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seconded, that would be cool and broadly useful.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course everything is better with ninjas, pirates and zombies. And cthulhu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally, yes. But not in canonical material for Dark Albion. Except pirates. There were pirates.

      Delete
  5. Material on Chaos Cults and a bestiary (from elves to extraplanar horrors) would be very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adventures that suit the setting, or even just a bunch of 1-page seeds/ideas from which to extrapolate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see a scenario where you raid across the wall into Scots land. Like in the story of Conan, Beyond the Black River. That was such a good tale because it felt dangerous at every turn.

    Also, maybe a section about the scots clans and the struggle between each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, and here I thought that I'd given plenty of material for that. Between all the stuff on the North, border reivers, the debateable land, and Scots Land itself, the Scots Name table, the Scots Man class in Appendix N, etc., you seriously thought there isn't enough detail on Scots Land?

      Delete
    2. What can I say. I was the dick who picked Barbarian back in the day. I love the hell out of em'.

      Delete